Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bath Sponges : Random Thought

When everyone is in bed and it's quiet in my house, I generally head towards the shower. It's peaceful and calm so of course I start thinking. Dangerous right? Well as I'm washing my hair and see my pretty little bath sponge hanging there, my mind really gets to racing. They say to wash your feet last, and I always have, but the first thing I wash is my face. So every night, I jump in lather up and start washing the top half of my body, after washing my feet last the night before. Kinda gross when you think about it huh. So I decided to come and do a little research about how to clean a bath sponge in between replacements, and these are the instructions I found, thanks to E-How.

1. Plug the bathroom sink. Fill with steaming hot water. Add 2 drops of dish soap into running water and stir with a wooden spoon until soap is foaming.

2. Add sponge, push down with spoon and let sit to soak for 30 minutes.

3. Stir the water again. Move the bath sponge around to soak up the soapy water. Drain the sink.

4. Run warm water over the sponge to cool down. Once the bath sponges are warm to the touch, squeeze the soap out. Hold under the warm water, rinsing them out.

5. Lay the towel on a flat, dry surface. Squeeze the excess water out of the bath sponge(s). Set the sponge on the towel, spread out. Let air dry for approximately four or five hours.

This is recommended every 2 to 3 days. Now I don't know about y'all, but I'm starting to think it's a little more simple to just ditch the sponge altogether and use a wash cloth that I can wash with the laundry and know that it's clean! Again, this was just my random thought for the day and thought I would share it! Nite Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive