Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Hungry Tick Season"

With that being said I have hit the web to do my research about ticks! My kids stay at the pond fishing and everyday they come back we go through an excruciating ritual. Come on, strip down to underwear, I check them all over, then send them to the shower to check the "other" areas. I then throw all the clothes in a hot wash. But I really hadn't done much to prevent them until now. Of course we can't prevent them all, but there are steps we can take to reduce the amount of ticks that actually inbed in the skin such as tucking their pants into their socks, having them wear light colored clothing, long sleeves and jeans, etc. I have found a very useful page for everything else we would need to know that is tick related. Head on over HERE to check out the full article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive