Monday, May 14, 2012

School's Out! Let's watch those grocery bills skyrocket!

How do you guys plan for summer? The first thing on my mind is sleeping in! And of course we all have vacation ideas going through our heads! But one of the biggest things for me is planning a grocery list! My bill goes through the roof in the summer with 4 teens/pre-teens (3 boys on top of that!)  Some things I have started doing is separating chips, crackers, etc into snack sized bags and putting them into a big shoe box. I've noticed things last longer that way vs letting them take the box. I also try to keep a pot of beans in the fridge. My kids LOVE beans and cornbread so that's always a good thing for me to keep on hand, not to mention the Ramen Noodles! Please tell me those are a life saver for you guys too?! But I also save more leftovers now. Chili, spaghetti, soups and things of that nature gets frozen in a big bowl. The typical meat and 3's get saved into the pre-portioned trays and frozen so they can treat it as a tv dinner later on. Oh and don't tell my kids, but those eggs they had this morning came from the chicken barn :) Talk about saving some money there!  What are some of the things you do to save money when the kids are out of school? Please share cause I know we could all use the extra tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive