Friday, June 29, 2012

Review of Snodgrass - King Pediatric Dental Associates : Spring Hill, TN


Snodgrass-King - Peditric Dental Associates


We all know how much of a task taking children to the Dentist office can be. Even for adults it can be a daunting task. We all seem to be sensitive about anyone being in our mouths, digging around. I had been taking my children to a dentist in our area for years. They didn't specialize in pediatric dentistry but I thought it was okay because my kids are a little older anyway. Well, that was until I started noticing problems with their teeth that the dentists' were ruling okay or "normal". After having to call and go in numerous times about issues I decided it was time to drive a little further to see someone who specialized in children/teens.

 That's when I found Snodgrass - King in Spring Hill, TN. One week after we had gone to our regular dentist where all was deemed well we were sitting in the office of Snodgrass and King. My kids and I were amazed! There were video games for children of all ages. (I think I even got in a game of Pac-Man!) Televisions with age appropriate shows, a huge fish tank with a beautiful assortment of fish, and lots and lots of smiles. No sooner than we sat down, our pager was going off, and off to the back we went. More amazement! It was bright, and colorful and everything seemed to have it's own special place. Everything was pleasant and everyone we passed on the way to our destination smiled and said hello.

We got to where we were going and got all of the kids situated into their chairs and they laid back and watched the tv screens in the ceiling while Dr. Snodgrass came in and one by one made his rounds and thoroughly checked everything. He ordered X-Rays and while he was looking over them all he confirmed what I had known all along. There were issues. And not just small issues.  3 of my 4 children had to have teeth pulled, molds of their mouths, one had an adult tooth that was laying sideways that the other dentist deemed okay, and so much more. Dr. Snodgrass asked me how far we lived, and when I told him about 45 minutes away, he instantly took them all to the back. Everything they had to have done at that time, was done, that day! Great news for me! He and the staff were so helpful and comforting to my kids. 

After all was done, he sent us back to Ortho where we met Dr. Dave and the Ortho staff. Another great I might add! He determined that 2 of the 4 needed braces and one would need a HERBST appliance. His teeth looked HORRIBLE when we went in! Very crooked, and he looked "buck-toothed" because his lower jaw was so far back from his upper jaw. They filled out all of the insurance paper work and it was sent right over. A few weeks later, insurance had approved everything and we were back in a week afterwards. Dr. Dave from Ortho called us in, explained everything very thoroughly and took the kids off to the back. When they returned braces were on one, HERBST appliance was on the other and there was not one mention of pain or not a notice of nervousness. They were actually quiet happy. They came out with new electric toothbrushes and a goody bag full of other items so they were good to go!

Our care continues every 4-6 weeks because of the braces  but every minute there is well worth our while. My oldest son had to have oral surgery last week to get that tooth that was laying sideways to come down. It was all done in the same office and due to all of his prior visits with the braces he was comfortable with having this procedure done after Dr. Urbanek, the Oral Surgeon consulted with him and assured him he wouldn't feel anything during the procedure. The surgery took approximately 20 minutes and he came out and was fine. There was some minor discomfort of course due to the nature of the surgery but nothing he couldn't handle. We were given detailed instructions on proper care and medications to control his pain if needed. They even called that evening and the next day to check on him! My other son now has his braces on over the HERBST appliance, and the difference from Sept. 2011 to today is like night and day already! 


When I was a child we didn't have insurance and my parents couldn't afford to take us to the dentist's office, so I always make sure my children's health is top priority. When I take my children to see Dr. Snodgrass - Dr. Dave or any of the great staff there, I know they are in good hands when they leave my side in the waiting area to go to the back. 


All of the staff at Snodgrass - King have gone above and beyond to make sure that we are all taken care of no matter what our needs may be and that makes me one happy Mama!


Did I mention that they also see adults in a separate area inside of the same office! Great news for me (since I still have impacted wisdom teeth at 34!)  

I highly recommend Snodgrass-King to anyone in the Middle TN area. There are several offices to choose from so I'm sure there is one near you. Even if you have to drive a little ways, it is more than worth it. Below is a list of their current locations:

Contact Information

You can read more about all of the services they offer HERE and be sure to check them out on Facebook and Twitter 


Disclaimer: All opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive