Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Green Bean Casserole Recipe

We didn't have a whole lot growing up and we often just threw stuff together to make something. We had pork steaks so much when I was a kid that I refuse to eat one now! (Not to be confused with pork chops b/c those I love!) Atleast 3 nights a week it was pork steaks, whole kernel corn, and mashed potatoes. Imagine my delight when this was on the table! Now many of you may call this a Sheppard's Pie but my Dad always called it a Green Bean Casserole so that's the name that has always stuck with me. Fast, Easy, and Delicious! Did I mention CHEAP..

Ground Beef or Turkey
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes (I sometimes use instant and it's just as good!)
Shredded Cheese

Brown meat and drain. Layer Meat, green beans, mashed potatoes in that order. Top with shredded cheese bake until cheese is melted and beans are warm. 15-20 minutes
Serve with Cornbread and Sweet Tea! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive