First I would like to say thank you to all of you who have stuck with me lately. As you have noticed I have not been posting a whole lot and I don't have NEAR the giveaways going on as I feel like I should. About the time I started feeling good about writing this blog and participating in reviews and giveaways our family got some bad news.
My Dad had been complaining of stomach pain the first 2 weeks in June. He finally agreed to go to the ER b/c after numerous medicines and he wasn't any better. On my sisters birthday June 19th, he was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with end stage liver cancer at the age of 52. We were taken by surprise. Not because we thought it couldn't happen to our family, but because he was fine up until June for the most part. We knew there were health issues but he was seeing his gastroenterologist every 3 months, so we figured things were okay.
We have since been to the ER on average of 3 times per week. He had a liter of fluid drawn off of his abdomen June 20th, and we went back on July 9th and have 6 more liters removed. We really don't know much more than he has liver cancer, he has at least 5 tumors, one of which is the size of a pool ball and 4 smaller ones. The Dr came in, looked at him and said "You have liver cancer, and 2 weeks to 2 months to live" and he walked back out the door. So with this being said, we have been at the hospital alot here lately. He is in the hospital now since Friday and we are hoping he will be released in a day or 2. He had to have 7 bands placed around his esophagus due to esophageal varicies and the blood that he wasn't throwing up was pooling in his colon and his chest area. He was given 2 liters of blood yesterday and was feeling much better today but we are just taking things one day at a time. Less than 10% of his liver is functioning. So what we are experiencing thus far is that his health is steadily changing. He was fine at 5pm Friday and feeling good, and by 7 he thought he was dying. He hasn't eaten a "real meal" in 2 months b/c it hurts him to eat. He's hungry but he just can't eat. SO.. with this said, I will still pop in and post a good deal that I may see but I take him to all appointments and any ER visits he may have to make. Right now he is priority. I truly appreciate you all sharing my posts that I am able to post and sticking with me through this difficult time.
Also, if any of you have experiences with this or any other type of cancer, PLEASE feel free to comment and let me know. We don't know what to expect at this point and as you can imagine, his Dr is not much help. He is not a candidate for surgery, biopsy, radiation, or anything so among other things, he has gone to an all natural / organic diet so his liver doesn't have to work so hard to process foods but we really don't know what else to do other than enjoy each day we have together.
Thanks Again! ~April
- ► 2014 (99)
- ► 2013 (786)
- FREE Knife! 3 to choose from! Just pay shipping!
- Blogger Opp!
- Diamond Cash Blogger Opp!
- Revenge of the Vegetarian Book Review
- New Freebie!
- BLOGGERS WANTED: Bagluxe Handbag Giveaway Event (5...
- FREE Blogger Opp! Moving on up Housewarming Giveaw...
- Je La Prend back to school sale! Ends 7-30
- Wetline Pro Flat Iron for $34! ($170 Value)
- Free Blogger Opp! Halloween Giveaway Worth Over $5...
- FREE Blogger Opp!
- Soda Stream Giveaway! Ends 7~31
- Joys Of Life: Apple MacBook Air Giveaway - Free Bl...
- Free Thumb Socks!
- Free order of Chips and Queso from Chili's!!
- Give Oh Giveaway!: GORGEOUS Barefoot Sandals-Ends ...
- Free Blogger Opp!
- Where I've Been Lately
- 3 days only! Free Custom Placemat! Just pay $5.99 ...
- FREE Eco-Me Sample! Hurry
- Free Earrings for New Members! ($60 Value)
- Free Mug..
- Free for the first 10,000
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Pork Chop Casserole Recipe
- FREE Blogger Opp!
- Free Sample!
- Earn $5 Just for signing up!
- FREE Bill Organizer!
- It's Back! And FREE for LIFE! when you sign up now...
- Deal or No Deal
- Give Oh Giveaway!: GoGreen Treasures $30 Gift Card...
- Take Surveys, Earn Rewards
- 4 boxes of coffee/tea for $9.99 PLUS get a free co...
- Sign up for FREE!
- NIVEA USA- Free Product
- Kindle Fire Giveaway Signups – Free Blogger Opp
- 3 FREE Samples + FREE Shipping
- Knob Creek Free Personalized Labels
- Win a Picnic Basket! Last Day!
- FREE Schick Hydro Silk Razor! HURRY
- **Today Only** 5 Summer Tops for $15 plus FREE Shi...
- New Freebie from SneakPeeq for New Members ($60 Va...
- 10 Free Labels from Gentleman Jack
- Toluna: One of my favorite sites!
- Disney Movies for $1.99 Each w/ membership
- Join FREE plus get a $5 Signup Bonus!
- Time for new Printer Ink?
- Join the Daily Worth Community..
- American Dream House Sweepstakes.. Enter to Win Th...
- Free Boss Orange Fragrance Sample
- HerbaCleanse - Request Free Sample
- FREE Blogger Sign Up for Thirty One Gifts � Mommy'...
- ▼ July (54)