Sunday, April 7, 2013

Baker Creek Seeds Review

Thank You to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds for sending me the Home Gardener's Collection free of charge to review on my blog!

My package arrived!! I had been waiting on this great package to come but realized I was so excited, I forgot to give them my shipping information!! When I finally realized my mistake, I emailed them with the update and they sent my package out immediately. 



I received The Home Gardener's Collection that includes: 1 Bean, 1 Carrot, 1 Eggplant, 1 Garden Peas, 2 Herbs, 1 Hot Pepper, 1 Lettuce, 1 Melon, 1 Salad Blend, 1 Onion, 1 Oriental Greens, 1 Radish, 1 Snow Peas, 1 Spinach, 2 Sweet Peppers, 2 Tomatoes, 1 Turnip and the Baker Creek Vegan Cookbook. It came in a large burlap type bag that I just adore! I cannot wait to get my seeds planted and post updates throughout the gardening season. 



I am most excited about the tomatoes! Just look at their beautiful varieties and you can see why!

Pink   Greentomatos

I will be updating my "Baker Creek" gardening journal as I go and hope you will join me to see the beauty!

Request your FREE catalog today by clicking here

Disclosure: I receive sample(s) from for purpose of testing and review. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. 
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 


27 comments:

  1. Those tomatoes look great. There is nothing better (in my opinion) than a fresh summer tomato. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried tomatoes, a little difficult without space. I do have an herb garden that I love. Especially basil...it grows and grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had the opportunity to have my own garden, only when we were kids. It was amazing to go out into the backyard and pick some carrots and a zucchini or something for dinner. :) I can't wait to have a yard again!
    oddball2003 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love heirloom seeds and want to teach my grandchildren how to save seeds...these would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tomatoes look really good. I've gardened with my grandmother but since I left her house I haven't found the energy to do so. They sent you a pretty good packet there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing how your garden progresses throughout the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No fruit? I mean technically the tomato is a fruit, but you need some sweets too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my....I dream of growing my own heirloom tomatoes. Thanks for sharing! This looks so good. Looking forward to your patch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy..............I love ripe tomoatoes as well as green tomoatoes for making fried green tomatoes will have to give this company seeds a try next year............

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baker Creek has a nice variety of seeds. I have ordered from them in the past. I am anxious to hear about the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the fact you can buy them in collections of varied seeds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just planted a whole bunch of seedlings yesterday and the one thing that gets me through the tough NY winters is receiving my seed catalogs and planning the next garden!

    ReplyDelete
  13. keep my eye on these, can't wait to get my garden going this year

    ReplyDelete
  14. my stepdad has a huge garden i only eat fresh tomatoes from his garden!!! i myself don't have the green thumb though :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those tomatoes. They look so good. I wish I had a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my girls have recently taken an interest in gardening so I liked this review a lot as I plan on doing more gardening with them in the near future! thanks for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just recently learned that differtent brands of seeds perform differently, i have to try these out thanks for the great post

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love looking through the Baker Seed catalog every year when it comes in the mail. So many varieties!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I had a green thumb lol, these are great items to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tomatoes, I agree! Home grown is the best. Thanks for the post!
    patricia(dot)pickett(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, as wonderful as growing your own food. Our garden has slowly grown to a quarter acre and I freeze/ can enough to get a family of 4 through the winter in veg. Good luck, but you won't need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How much fun to see your own products growing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been thinking about growing my own food, and this seems to be a very big help! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like Bakers Creek heirloom seeds. I enjoy looking thru their books and reading about the new vegetables that they have. I have always planted a vegetable garden every year. Even tho I am much older now I still love to do it so I have my own fresh tomatoes and stuff to eat when ever Im hungry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have not tried this bird seed, but I will have to try it next time

    ReplyDelete
  26. We were looking to make our garden bigger, we will have to try their seeds. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just started working on my garden. I hope my tomatoes look as good as those in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive