Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Surprise!

As I went out to check for any new signs of life this morning from my goats, I was kinda disappointed that there were still no babies. I was standing on the porch when out came our horse "Sugar" and right beside her was her new baby! Of course I started screaming and my husband came running. He probably thought I was over reacting kinda like when the grasshopper jumped into the tub with me last night. 

We purchased her a few months back from an auction and we couldn't figure out why in the world someone would sell such a good horse for $100! Now we know. Obviously this baby is a Mule. For those of you that don't know, a Mule is a cross between a Mare Horse and a Donkey. Personally I didn't care if she came out looking like a parrot. I think she is just adorable however many horse owners don't want a Mule so they sell the horse when they learn it was bred to the Donkey. 

For now I'm going to call her SURPRISE!
Born 4/2/13



9 comments:

  1. Oh, my! What a cute baby! I love the name you've given her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so cool. I didn't know that mules where cross-breds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest little thing! We had baby horses born on our farm years ago. Too bad they have to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprise is just simply adorable !! She will have a great life living with you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Surprise is a perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, how fun for you. I can only imagine the joy you felt.! Congrats on the new addition to your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Spring is full of new birth! I was raised on a farm, so it was my sister's and my job to check on the new calves in the pasture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new baby is always welcomed, mule or not. What a fun surprise for you guys --

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive