Monday, January 14, 2013

Homemade Toaster Pastries


Ingredients:

2 Cups Self Rising Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
6 TBSP Butter (softened)
3/4 Cups of milk
Fillings of Your Choice
I used Strawberry and Peach Preserves

Photo Courtesy of my Other Blog

Mix together the dry ingredients. Cut in butter with a fork. Add milk slowly. 
(I had to add a drop more than 3/4 c)
 Form your dough into a ball and then roll out. Fold the dough a few times and continue to roll until your crust forms a layer. (Approx. 5-6 times) Get your dough to a thin square and cut into shapes of your choice. I used a biscuit cutter. Spread with your choice of filling. Including but not limited too: Strawberry Preserves, Peach Preserves, Applesauce, etc. (Preserves work better than jelly) Fold the crust over OR put another same size pastry on top. Crimp the edges with a fork. Brush the tops with butter and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes!

As you can see this batch has tears. My husband helped out. I made these into bite size pastries and they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive